- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 10 Old El Paso™ bold spicy taco shells
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
Step 1 In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat 8 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix, water and green chiles. Cook 30 to 60 seconds longer or until liquid is absorbed.
Step 2 Heat shells as directed on package. Serve with beef mixture, cheese, sour cream, green onions and toppings.
NutritionCalories220(Calories from Fat130),Total Fat14g(Saturated Fat7g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol40mgSodium400mgTotal Carbohydrate12g(Dietary Fiber0g Sugars0g),Protein11g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A8%;Vitamin C4%;Calcium10%;Iron8%; Exchanges:0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Expert TipsIdeas for Make it FRESH toppings: sliced fresh jalapeños, diced tomato, shredded lettuce, fresh cilantro leaves, fresh lime wedges.
For a pretty sour cream topping, spoon into a resealable food-storage plastic bag; cut one corner, and squeeze a zigzag of sour cream on top of each taco.