Cheesy Chicken Chilaquiles for Two
Prep 20 Minutes
Total Time 20 Minutes
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ Mild Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 cups thick tortilla chips (about 30 chips)
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook enchilada and chicken over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until hot. Add chips; cook and stir until chips are completely coated in sauce and slightly softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle cheese over top; cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with remaining ingredients, and serve immediately.
- Look for chips that are on the thick side. Thin chips will break up too much in the cooking process and may become mushy.
- If you like it hot, finely chop a jalapeño or serrano chile, seeds removed, and serve as an added garnish.
- 1 Serving Calories 690 (Calories from Fat 340); Total Fat 38g (Saturated Fat 12g ,Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 135mg; Sodium 1090mg; Potassium 580mg; Total Carbohydrate 47g (Dietary Fiber 5g ,Sugars 4g); Protein 40g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 30%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 3 Starch; 4 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 6 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet