Cheesy Nacho Walking Taco Bowls
10 Minutes Total
- 8 Servings
- 1 lb extra-lean ground beef (at least 93%)
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 8 Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls
- 8 Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ bold nacho cheese flavored taco shells
- Make it FRESH toppings, if desired (see below)
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat, breaking up with spoon, until starting to brown; drain. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix. Cook until beef is cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- While beef is cooking, heat soft tortillas, and crush nacho-flavored shells into bowl. Assemble toppings. Divide beef mixture among tortillas; sprinkle crushed shells over top. Add desired fresh toppings.
- Ideas for Make it FRESH toppings: shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, guacamole, shredded cheese.
- If you prefer a chicken walking taco, cut 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast into very small thin strips. Follow directions as with beef, adding seasoning and stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center.
Calories240(Calories from Fat100),Total Fat11g(Saturated Fat4 1/2g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol30mgSodium570mgTotal Carbohydrate23g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars0g),Protein13g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A4%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium4%;Iron10%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1 1/2 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.