Cheesy Queso Beef Tacos
For all the queso lovers out there, now you can enjoy all the delicious cheesy flavor in a beef taco! These tacos deliver with the addition of shredded cheese and Old El Paso™ Creamy Queso sauce.
20 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
- 1 package (10 count) Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ Taco Shells
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend (8 oz)
- 3/4 cup Old El Paso™ Creamy Queso sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Place taco shells standing up and together in dish; set aside.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, breaking up and stirring, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Spread 2 tablespoons cheese in bottom of each taco shell. Divide beef among taco shells; top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top each with sauce, lettuce and pico de gallo. Top with additional sauce. Serve immediately.
- These easy oven tacos are hot and ready to serve all at once.
- Lining the bottoms of the shells with cheese ensure they don't get too soggy from the meat filling.
- Swap Old El Paso™ Shredded 3 Pepper Blend Cheese for the Mexican style 4 cheese for additional heat.
Nutrition5 servings (2 tacos each)
1 Serving Calories 530 (Calories from Fat 290); Total Fat 33g (Saturated Fat 14g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 105mg; Sodium 1230mg; Total Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 3g); Protein 28g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 35%; Iron 20%;
Exchanges: 2 Starch, 2 Medium-Fat Meat, 1 High-Fat Meat, 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 2