Chicago Style Hot Dog Bowls
Try a traditional Chicago treat using a Old El Paso™ Taco Bowls™! They are the perfect vessel for holding all the delicious toppings of a Chicago style hot dog. Don't forget the mustard!
15 Minutes Prep
20 Minutes Total
- 8 all-beef kosher hot dogs
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls
- 2 teaspoons poppy seed, if desired
- 2 whole kosher dill pickles, each cut into 4 spears
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup pickled sport peppers (from a jar)
- 2 tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- Add 1/2 inch water to 10-inch skillet. Heat over medium-high heat until simmering. Place hot dogs in skillet. Cover; steam 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas as directed on package.
- Place poppy seed on plate, and dip cut edges of kosher dill pickles into seed. Place hot dogs in tortillas. Top with pickles and remaining Toppings.
- Make it your own! Try mixing it up with different toppings and condiments if you prefer a different variation of hot dog; the result will be just as delicious.
NutritionCalories280(Calories from Fat150),Total Fat17g(Saturated Fat6g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol25mgSodium1140mgTotal Carbohydrate24g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars9g),Protein7g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A15%;Vitamin C15%;Calcium4%;Iron10%; Exchanges:1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.