Chicken, Almond and Apple Salad Tortilla Pockets
Prep 20 Minutes
Total Time 20 Minutes
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup from one container (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups cubed (1/2 inch) cooked chicken
- 1 large apple, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 package (8.4 oz) Old El Paso™ Tortilla Pockets™ (8 Count), heated as directed on package
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
Recipe Continues Below
- In medium bowl, beat mayonnaise, crema, lemon juice, mustard and sugar, using whisk.
- Add chicken, apples, almonds and parsley. Stir to coat.
- Stuff pockets with chicken salad and lettuce leaves.
- We tested this recipe with a Gala apple, but you can substitute a Granny Smith green apple or any other apple you prefer.
- This Chicken, Almond and Apple Salad Tortilla Pockets recipe can be served immediately, or the chicken salad can be stored in a tightly covered container for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator and stuffed into the tortilla pockets just before serving.
- For cut-up cooked chicken in a hurry, pick up a rotisserie chicken in the deli section of most grocery stores.
- 2 Pockets Calories 640 (Calories from Fat 330); Total Fat 36g (Saturated Fat 11g ,Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 80mg; Sodium 860mg; Potassium 580mg; Total Carbohydrate 49g (Dietary Fiber 4g ,Sugars 9g); Protein 28g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 100%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 15%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1 Vegetable; 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 4 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet