Chicken and Guacamole Ten Minute Mini Tortilla Bowls™
Prep 10 Minutes
Total Time 10 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb), cut into very small thin strips
- 1 packet (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 package (5.1 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Soft Tortilla Mini Bowls (12 Count)
- 1/2 cup homemade guacamole, using Avocados from Mexico™ (see tip below)
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook, stirring occasionally, until brown on both sides. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix. Cook just until chicken is no longer pink in center, stirring occasionally.
- Heat boats as directed on package.
- Divide chicken mixture among warmed boats; add guacamole, crumbled cheese and FRESH toppings.
- For great tasting homemade guacamole, try this easy version. In medium bowl, mix 3 pitted, peeled and diced ripe Avocados from Mexico™ with 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the juice of 1 lime. Smash with a potato masher or fork, and serve!
- Ideas for Make it FRESH toppings: diced tomatoes, sliced jalapeño chiles, cilantro leaves
- 1 Serving Calories 270 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 730mg; Potassium 240mg; Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 0g); Protein 23g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 8%; Iron 6%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Very Lean Meat; 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet