- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1 box (4.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ blue corn taco shells (10 shells)
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium jalapeño chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 medium plum (Roma) tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Step 1 In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center. Stir in water and taco seasoning mix. Reduce heat to medium; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
Step 2 Heat taco shells as directed on box. Divide chicken mixture among shells.
Step 3 In medium bowl, mix avocado, lime juice and salt, gently mashing avocado. Top chicken mixture in shells with avocado mixture and remaining ingredients.
Can’t take the heat? Leave out the jalapeños entirely.
To take the edge off raw white onion, place chopped onion in mesh strainer, and rinse with cold water about 30 seconds, then drain.