Chicken and Layered Guacamole Tacos
Prep 45 Minutes
Total 45 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1 package (4.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ taco shells (10 shells)
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium jalapeño chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 medium plum (Roma) tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center. Stir in water and taco seasoning mix. Reduce heat to medium; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Heat taco shells as directed on box. Divide chicken mixture among shells.
- In medium bowl, mix avocado, lime juice and salt, gently mashing avocado. Top chicken mixture in shells with avocado mixture and remaining ingredients.
- Can’t take the heat? Leave out the jalapeños entirely.
- To take the edge off raw white onion, place chopped onion in mesh strainer, and rinse with cold water about 30 seconds, then drain.
- 1 Serving Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 90); Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 3g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 370mg; Potassium 240mg; Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 1g); Protein 15g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 6%; Iron 6%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet