Prep 20 Minutes
Total Time 40 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1 box Hamburger Helper™ chicken fried rice
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (11 oz) whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 10 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch; from two 11-oz packages)
- Sour cream, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Stir in water, lime juice, salsa and contents of sauce mix pouch (from Hamburger Helper box) until blended. Stir in beans, corn and contents of uncooked rice pouch (from Hamburger Helper box); heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas as directed on package.
- Spoon slightly less than 1 cup chicken mixture down center of each warm tortilla. Top with sour cream. Fold bottom of each tortilla 1 inch over filling. Fold sides in, overlapping to enclose filling. Fold top over sides.
- Purchase already-cut chicken for stir-fry to be a step ahead when preparing burritos.
- 1 Burrito Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 1 1/2g ,Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 870mg; Potassium 270mg; Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 3g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 17g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 10%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Lean Meat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet