Hamburger Helper® chicken fried rice mix jump-starts a south-of-the-border burrito dinner. By Betty Crocker Kitchens
20 Minutes Prep
40 Minutes Total
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1 box Hamburger Helper™ chicken fried rice
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (11 oz) whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 10 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch; from two 11-oz packages)
- Sour cream, if desired
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Stir in water, lime juice, salsa and contents of sauce mix pouch (from Hamburger Helper box) until blended. Stir in beans, corn and contents of uncooked rice pouch (from Hamburger Helper box); heat to boiling. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Meanwhile, heat tortillas as directed on package.
- Spoon slightly less than 1 cup chicken mixture down center of each warm tortilla. Top with sour cream. Fold bottom of each tortilla 1 inch over filling. Fold sides in, overlapping to enclose filling. Fold top over sides.
- Purchase already-cut chicken for stir-fry to be a step ahead when preparing burritos.
NutritionCalories310(Calories from Fat60),Total Fat7g(Saturated Fat1 1/2g,Trans Fat1g),Cholesterol25mgSodium870mgTotal Carbohydrate45g(Dietary Fiber3g Sugars2g),Protein17g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A8%;Vitamin C2%;Calcium10%;Iron15%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.