Chicken Con Queso
This Chicken Con Queso is loaded with taco spiced chicken, white rice, queso, pico de gallo, salsa, and so much more. It’s a Mexican food lovers dream! It’s virtually fool proof and ultra delicious, you’ll be queen or king of the kitchen in no time!
5 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 packet Old El Paso™ Taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 2 cups instant white rice
- 1 cup premade queso blanco (white queso from the store) (I really like Gordo’s brand), melted
- 1 cup restaurant style salsa (thin salsa)
- 1/4 fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 small can Old El Paso™ Green Chiles
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo or chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
- Heat the chicken cubes and olive oil in a large skillet over medium/high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with the taco seasoning, turning to make sure both sides are coated. Add in the 1 1/2 tablespoons water to assist with coating all the chicken.
- Turn the chicken as you cook, about 6-8 minutes until the chicken is just cooked through.
- Place chicken on a plate and cover in foil to retain heat. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the heavy cream and white rice. Stir to combine. Add in the melted queso and salsa. Stir to fully combine. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to simmer for 5 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked and fluffy.
- Stir in cilantro, green chiles, and pico de gallo into the rice mixture. Add the chicken back to skillet and nestle into the rice.
- Cover with the 1 cup cheese. Place skillet under the broiler for approximately 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted on top.
- Garnish with more cilantro if desired.