- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (white or red)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 cups Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce (from 19-oz can)
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese (4 oz)
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- Sliced avocado
- Fresh cilantro
- Crumbled cotija (white Mexican) cheese, if desired
Step 1 Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) or 13x9-inch (3-quart) ceramic or broiler-proof baking dish with cooking spray.
Step 2 Heat 10- or 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and onion; cook 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
Step 3 Reduce heat to low. Add quinoa, chicken, black beans, green chiles, chili powder and 2 cups of the enchilada sauce; stir to combine. Remove from heat.
Step 4 Stir in Cheddar cheese. Transfer quinoa mixture to baking dish. Top evenly with pepper Jack cheese.
Step 5 Bake 10 to 15 minutes.
Step 6 Turn oven control to broil. Place baking dish about 5 inches from broiler; broil 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubbly. Remove from broiler. Top with sour cream, avocado, cilantro and cotija cheese. Serve immediately.