Prep 10 Minutes
Total Time 25 Minutes
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 package (11 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas for Burritos (8 Count)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained
- Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Mix chicken and cilantro.
- Place 1 tortilla on 30x18-inch piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Top with one-fourth of the chicken mixture, 1/4 cup of the cheese and one-fourth of the chilies. Top with another tortilla. Wrap foil securely around tortillas; pierce top of foil packet once or twice with fork to vent steam.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture, cheese and chilies. Cover and grill foil packets, seam sides up, 4 to 6 inches from medium heat about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut quesadillas into wedges. Serve with salsa.
- If you don't have leftover cooked chicken on hand for this grilled Chicken Quesadilla recipe, use deli roasted chicken.
- For a super-quick side dish to go with your grilled Chicken Quesadillas, combine hot cooked rice with salsa or with melted process cheese spread. Top with sliced ripe olives and chopped green onions for a festive look.
- If you don't want to heat up the grill for this shredded Chicken Quesadilla recipe, cook the filled tortillas in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat 4 to 6 minutes, turning after 2 minutes, until light golden brown.
- 1 Serving Calories 505 (Calories from Fat 180); Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 8g); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 760mg; Total Carbohydrate 50g (Dietary Fiber 3g); Protein 34g
- % Daily Value: Iron 22%
- Exchanges: 3 Starch; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet