Dinner ready in 25 minutes! Enjoy grilled chicken quesadillas made with Old El Paso® flour tortillas. Perfect if you love Mexican cuisine. By Betty Crocker Kitchens
10 Minutes Prep
25 Minutes Total
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas (8 inches in diameter)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 can (4.5 ounces) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained
- Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa, if desired
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Mix chicken and cilantro.
- Place 1 tortilla on 30x18-inch piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Top with one-fourth of the chicken mixture, 1/4 cup of the cheese and one-fourth of the chilies. Top with another tortilla. Wrap foil securely around tortillas; pierce top of foil packet once or twice with fork to vent steam.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, chicken mixture, cheese and chilies. Cover and grill foil packets, seam sides up, 4 to 6 inches from medium heat about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut quesadillas into wedges. Serve with salsa.
- Use deli roasted chicken if you don't have leftover cooked chicken on hand.
- For a super-quick side dish, combine hot cooked rice with salsa or with melted process cheese spread. Top with sliced ripe olives and chopped green onions for a festive look.
- If you don't want to heat up the grill, cook the filled tortillas in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat 4 to 6 minutes, turning after 2 minutes, until light golden brown.
NutritionCalories505(Calories from Fat180),Total Fat20g(Saturated Fat8g,),Cholesterol85mgSodium760mgTotal Carbohydrate50g(Dietary Fiber3g),Protein34g;% Daily Value*:Iron22%; Exchanges:3 Starch; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.