Chicken Taco Bowls™ with Mint and Chive Chimichurri
Fresh spring flavors abound in these bright, delicious chimichurri chicken tacos.
35 Minutes Prep
35 Minutes Total
- 1 cup fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into very small thin strips
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 8 Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- In blender or food processor, place all Chimichurri ingredients. Cover and blend on high speed until smooth.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 7 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown on both sides. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center and mixture is thickened.
- While chicken is cooking, heat bowls, and assemble remaining ingredients. Divide spinach among bowls; add chicken mixture, chimichurri, cheese and radishes.
- Traditional Argentine chimichurri sauce combines fresh parsley, red pepper flakes, garlic and vinegar. We’ve infused our version with spring flavors – mint, chives and lemon – for a fun twist that still delivers on the tangy, spicy herbal sauce.
- For perfectly thin radish slices, invest in a mandolin. It’s a vegetable slicer that quickly and easily slices sturdy vegetables into consistently-sized pieces.
NutritionCalories330(Calories from Fat200),Total Fat22g(Saturated Fat4 1/2g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol40mgSodium540mgTotal Carbohydrate16g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars1g),Protein16g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A50%;Vitamin C15%;Calcium10%;Iron15%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.