Chicken Tacos with Strawberry Salsa
Prep 25 Minutes
Total 25 Minutes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (16 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 package (6.7 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Soft Tortilla Bowls (8 Count)
- 3 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
Recipe Continues Below
- In small bowl, mix strawberries, onion and lime juice. Let stand, uncovered, while cooking the chicken.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken, salt and pepper; cook 4 to 6 minutes without moving. Turn chicken, and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer, until chicken is browned and no longer pink in center.
- Add orange juice to skillet, and heat to boiling; reduce heat, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Divide greens among warm tortilla bowls; top with chicken and any remaining cooking liquid from pan. Top evenly with strawberry salsa and cheese.
- For the prettiest presentation, pull off any long stems on the baby greens before adding to the tortilla bowls.
- To reduce the sting of raw onions, place in fine-mesh strainer, and rinse under cold water for 30 seconds. Pat dry before using.
- Baby spinach leaves can be used in place of the mixed baby greens.
- Relax Responsibly. Corona Limonada®. Imported by Crown Imports, Chicago, IL
- 1 Serving Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium 370mg; Potassium 210mg; Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 15g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 6%; Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet