Chicken Tamale Casserole
Prep 15 Minutes
Total Time 45 Minutes
- 1 (14 3/4-oz) can creamed corn
- 1 (8.5-oz) box corn muffin mix
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ Mild Red Enchilada Sauce
Serve with, if desired
- Sour cream
- Diced avocado
- Diced tomatoes
Recipe Continues Below
- Preheat oven to 400° F and spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the creamed corn, muffin mix, chiles, sour cream, egg, cumin, and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown and the middle is set.
- Use the back of a wooden spoon (or any other utensil) to make dents in the top of the surface.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken and the enchilada sauce and pour over the top of the baked corn mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Slice into squares and top with sour cream, diced avocado, diced tomatoes, and cilantro if desired.
- Rotisserie chicken works great in this dish.
- To spice it up a bit, add a finely diced jalapeño to the corn mixture.
- 1 Serving Calories 340 (Calories from Fat 130); Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 7g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 80mg; Sodium 730mg; Potassium 200mg; Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 3g); Protein 18g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 15%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Very Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet