Chicken Tamale Casserole
This Chicken Tamale Casserole is a great dinner for the whole family - mild enough to feed to your kids and spicy enough to keep the adults interested.
15 Minutes Prep
1 Hour Total
- 1 (14 3/4-oz) can creamed corn
- 1 (8.5-oz) box corn muffin mix
- 1 (4.5-oz) can Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (10-oz) can Old El Paso™ red enchilada sauce
- Toppings: sour cream, diced avocado, diced tomatoes, cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400°F and spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the creamed corn, muffin mix, chiles, sour cream, egg, cumin, and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown and the middle is set. Use the back of a wooden spoon (or any other utensil) to make dents in the top of the surface.
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken and the enchilada sauce. Pour over the top of the baked corn mixture.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Slice into squares and top with sour cream, diced avocado, diced tomatoes, and cilantro if desired.