Chicken Tinga Tacos
15 Minutes Total
- 4 Servings
- 2 1/2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken (from 2-lb chicken)
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ red enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained
- 8 Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff® taco shells
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch skillet, heat shredded chicken, enchilada sauce and green chiles to simmering over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cook about 5 minutes or until heated through and chicken begins to fall apart in sauce. Remove from heat.
- Spoon chicken mixture into taco shells; top with onion and cheese.
- Queso fresco is a creamy, white Mexican cheese that crumbles easily and can be found in the cheese aisle of most supermarkets. Shredded Monterrey-Jack cheese can be substituted as well.
- If a spicier taco is desired, medium or hot-flavored enchilada sauce can be substituted for the mild variety.
Calories360(Calories from Fat140),Total Fat16g(Saturated Fat6g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol85mgSodium1230mgTotal Carbohydrate26g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars5g),Protein29g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A8%;Vitamin C10%;Calcium10%;Iron8%; Exchanges:1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 2 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:2 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.