- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ mild enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 3/4 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 cup frozen corn (from 12-oz bag), thawed
- 3 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 soft corn tortillas (5 to 6 inch), cut into 1-inch strips
Step 1 Spray 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken in slow cooker. Add all remaining ingredients.
Step 2 Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 7 hours.
Step 3 Remove chicken; shred with 2 forks. Return to slow cooker; stir well to blend.
NutritionCalories200(Calories from Fat30),Total Fat3 1/2g(Saturated Fat1g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol45mgSodium1000mgTotal Carbohydrate22g(Dietary Fiber3g Sugars5g),Protein20g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A15%;Vitamin C15%;Calcium4%;Iron8%; Exchanges:0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 1 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Expert TipsGarnish bowls of soup with chopped fresh cilantro, sliced green onions or crushed tortilla chips.
Cooking the corn tortilla strips in the soup the whole time it’s cooking adds a traditional flavor similar to masa.