Chicken Tortilla Soup
Come home to this slow-cooked chicken tortilla soup made using Old El Paso® enchilada sauce and vegetables – perfect for Mexican-style dinner. Pillsbury® artisan dinner rolls go great with this soup.
10 Minutes Prep
6 Hours 20 Minutes Total
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ mild enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 3/4 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 cup frozen corn (from 12-oz bag), thawed
- 3 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 soft corn tortillas (5 to 6 inch), cut into 1-inch strips
- Spray 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place chicken in slow cooker. Add all remaining ingredients.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 7 hours.
- Remove chicken; shred with 2 forks. Return to slow cooker; stir well to blend.
NutritionCalories200(Calories from Fat30),Total Fat3 1/2g(Saturated Fat1g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol45mgSodium1000mgTotal Carbohydrate22g(Dietary Fiber3g Sugars5g),Protein20g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A15%;Vitamin C15%;Calcium4%;Iron8%; Exchanges:0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 1 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.