Prep 25 Minutes
Total Time 25 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ Mild Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes (from 15-oz can)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 1/2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups thick tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend (2 oz)
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana
- 1/2 cup diced avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 30 to 60 seconds, stirring frequently, until softened.
- Stir enchilada sauce, tomatoes, chiles and chicken into mixture in skillet; heat to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add tortilla chips; return to a simmer. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until chips are completely coated in sauce and slightly softened.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle cheese over top; cover and let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with remaining ingredients; serve immediately.
- Rotisserie chicken is a great time-saver, but leftover cooked chicken or turkey works well in this easy Chilaquiles recipe.
- Like it hot? Substitute Old El Paso™ Medium Enchilada Sauce for the Mild, or top with your favorite hot sauce.
- Chilaquiles ingredients are delicious with Old El Paso™ Traditional Refried Beans, tortillas, fried eggs and crumbled queso fresco cheese.
- 1 Serving Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 210); Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 9g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 75mg; Sodium 820mg; Potassium 410mg; Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 3g ,Sugars 6g); Protein 20g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 20%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Very Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 3 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet