Chile Chicken Enchiladas
Prep 20 Minutes
Total Time 1 Hours 5 Minutes
- 1 can (19 oz) Old El Paso™ Mild Red Enchilada Sauce, or any variety
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (6 oz)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 package (11 oz) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 tortillas; 8 inch)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Chopped avocado or green onions, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1/2 cup enchilada sauce in bottom of baking dish. In medium bowl, stir together chicken, Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream and chiles.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas; arrange, seam sides down, in baking dish. Top enchiladas with remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Spray sheet of foil with cooking spray; cover baking dish with foil, sprayed side down.
- Bake 35 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until hot and cheese is melted. Top with avocado or green onions. If desired, serve with lettuce, chopped tomato and additional sour cream.
- Shredded cooked turkey can be substituted for the chicken in this recipe.
- For a splash of color, garnish the enchiladas with chopped tomatoes.
- For the cheese in this Chile Chicken Enchilada recipe, feel free to substitute with Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend.
- 1 Enchilada Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 220); Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 12g ,Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 1090mg; Potassium 180mg; Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 3g); Protein 22g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 35%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet