Chili Cheese Burger Bake
Prep 30 Minutes
Total Time 1 Hours 15 Minutes
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 cups frozen bell pepper and onion stir-fry
- 1 (11-oz.) can whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 1 1 packet (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (16-oz.) can Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 2 cups chili-cheese corn chips
- 4 oz. (1 cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Add bell pepper and onion stir-fry, corn, taco seasoning mix and water; mix well. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine refried beans and taco sauce; mix well.
- Spoon half of beef mixture into sprayed baking dish. Top with half of bean mixture and half of the corn chips. Top with remaining beef mixture and bean mixture. Cover with foil. Bake at 375°F. for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Uncover baking dish; top with remaining half of chips. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Return to oven; bake, uncovered, an additional 10 to 12 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted. If desired, garnish with chopped fresh cilantro.
- 1/6 of Recipe Calories 415 (Calories from Fat 200); Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 9g); Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 870mg; Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 7g ,Sugars 7g); Protein 26g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 22%; Vitamin C 28%; Calcium 16%; Iron 22%
- Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet