Chili Taco Salad
Serve a sassy, family-pleasing taco salad in just 15 minutes.
15 Minutes Prep
15 Minutes Total
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can (11 oz) whole kernel corn, red and green peppers
- 1 bag (10 oz) torn mixed salad greens (6 cups)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup small corn chips
- In small bowl, mix salsa, chili sauce, cumin and chili powder; set aside.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, break up beef; sprinkle with garlic salt. Cook over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked. Drain.
- Add corn and 1/4 cup of the salsa mixture; cook and stir 1 minute.
- On individual serving plates, layer salad greens, beef mixture and tomato. Drizzle with some of the salsa mixture; sprinkle each serving with 1/4 cup corn chips. Drizzle with remaining salsa mixture.
- Sprinkle flour tortillas with shredded cheese and roll up. Wrap in foil and heat in 350°F oven 10 minutes. They're great accompaniments to the salad!
NutritionCalories340(Calories from Fat110),Total Fat12g(Saturated Fat4g,Trans Fat1/2g),Cholesterol70mgSodium1180mgTotal Carbohydrate31g(Dietary Fiber6g Sugars10g),Protein27g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A100%;Vitamin C20%;Calcium6%;Iron25%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.