Chocolate Taco Mini Taco Bowls
Prep 30 Minutes
Total Time 1 Hours 5 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 10 tortilla bowls from 1 package (5.1 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Soft Tortilla Mini Bowls (12 Count)
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons finely chopped cocktail peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate sauce
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with foil. Lightly brush melted butter on all sides of each bowl. Place bowls on cookie sheet. Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until browned on edges and firm to the touch. Cool 15 minutes.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on High 60 to 90 seconds or until mixture can be stirred smooth.
- Place 1/2 cup of the chopped peanuts on plate. Hold baked bowls by the bottom, and dip each one into melted chocolate, covering top rim of bowl. Dip and roll top rim into chopped peanuts to coat. Refrigerate bowls about 10 minutes or until coating is set.
- Fill each bowl with 2 small scoops (about 1 tablespoon) ice cream; drizzle with chocolate sauce and caramel topping, and garnish with remaining 3 tablespoons peanuts.
- Chopped toasted almonds are a nice alternative to the chopped peanuts in this chocolate taco recipe.
- Any flavor of ice cream and sauces will work well for these chocolate-dipped ice cream tacos, so feel free to fill them with your favorite combination.
- 1 Serving Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 130); Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 6g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 180mg; Potassium 180mg; Total Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 20g); Protein 4g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 6%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 3 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet