Chocolate Taco Mini Taco Bowls™
Crispy, sugar-coated mini bowls are dipped into chocolate and chopped peanuts and filled with ice cream. The result is an addictive version of an ice cream truck favorite.
30 Minutes Prep
1 Hour 5 Minutes Total
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 10 Old El Paso™ Taco Bowls™ mini soft flour tortillas (1 sleeve from Party Pack)
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons finely chopped cocktail peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate sauce
- 1/4 cup caramel topping
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with foil. Lightly brush melted butter on all sides of each bowl. Place bowls on cookie sheet. Bake 5 to 8 minutes or until browned on edges and firm to the touch. Cool 15 minutes.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and shortening uncovered on High 60 to 90 seconds or until mixture can be stirred smooth.
- Place 1/2 cup of the chopped peanuts on plate. Hold baked bowls by the bottom, and dip each one into melted chocolate, covering top rim of bowl. Dip and roll top rim into chopped peanuts to coat. Refrigerate bowls about 10 minutes or until coating is set.
- Fill each bowl with 2 small scoops (about 1 tablespoon) ice cream; drizzle with chocolate sauce and caramel topping, and garnish with remaining 3 tablespoons peanuts.
- Chopped toasted almonds are a nice alternative to the chopped peanuts.
- Any flavor of ice cream and sauces will work well in this recipe, so feel free to fill them with your favorite combination.
NutritionCalories280(Calories from Fat130),Total Fat15g(Saturated Fat6g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol10mgSodium180mgTotal Carbohydrate31g(Dietary Fiber2g Sugars20g),Protein4g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A2%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium6%;Iron6%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.