Chorizo Beef and Corn Tacos
Looking to add to your favorite taco recipes? The search is over. This easy beef taco delivers big on the smoky spiced chorizo flavor and is layered with cheese, chopped lettuce, corn, onion and a scoop of guacamole all inside a crunchy taco shell.
25 Minutes Prep
25 Minutes Total
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ Chorizo Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 package (10 count) Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ Taco Shells, heated as directed on package
- 1 1/4 cups Old El Paso™ Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (5 oz)
- 1 1/4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 cup guacamole
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, if desired
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 6 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in water and taco seasoning mix; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Divide warm beef mixture among heated taco shells. Top with cheese, lettuce, corn, onion, guacamole and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
- No guacamole? Top with chopped avocado.
- Switch it up: Try using ground pork instead of ground beef in the tacos. Cook ground pork over medium-high heat 7 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; do not drain. Continue with recipe.
Nutrition10 servings (1 taco each)
1 Taco Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 120); Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 430mg; Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 2g); Protein 12g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 10%; Iron 8%;
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 1/2 Medium-Fat Meat, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1