Chorizo Pork Tacos with Creamy Slaw
Shake up taco night with this easy-to-make taco that delivers big on flavor. Cooked ground pork is seasoned with chorizo taco seasoning mix, and then layered with a quick and easy creamy cabbage slaw, topped with shredded cheese, radishes and green onions.
30 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ Chorizo Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 1/4 cups Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend (5 oz)
- 1 package (10 count) Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ Taco Shells, heated as directed on package
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges, if desired
- In medium bowl, stir mayonnaise, lime juice and salt until blended. Add cabbage and 2 tablespoons of the green onions; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook pork over medium-high heat 7 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; do not drain. Stir in water and taco seasoning mix; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Divide warm pork mixture and cheese among heated taco shells. Top with slaw, radish, remaining 2 tablespoons green onions and the cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
- To save time, purchase shredded cabbage.
- Try shredded Monterey Jack cheese instead of Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend for a new flavor twist.
Nutrition10 servings (1 taco each)
1 Taco Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 160); Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 410mg; Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g); Protein 13g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 10%; Iron 6%;
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Lean Meat, 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1