Citrus Marinated Steak Taco Bowls Recipe
Prep 1 Hours
Total 1 Hours 35 Minutes
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 2 large ripe avocados, pitted and peeled
- 1 medium serrano chile, seeded, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 count) Old El Paso™ soft tortilla bowls, heated as directed on package
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
Recipe Continues Below
- Place beef in large, resealable food-storage plastic bag. In small bowl, mix orange juice, 2 tablespoons of the lime juice, the garlic and taco seasoning mix. Pour marinade over beef. Seal bag; refrigerate at least 30 minutes but no longer than 4 hours.
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grill over medium heat. Cover grill, and cook 11 to 16 minutes, turning once, until beef is of desired doneness (at least 145°F). Let stand 5 minutes. Cut beef across grain, into thin slices.
- Meanwhile, to make guacamole, in medium bowl, mash avocados. Add serrano chile, 1/4 cup of the red onion, the cilantro, remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice and the salt; gently stir to combine.
- Divide steak among tortilla bowls. Top with guacamole, remaining 1/4 cup red onion and the chopped tomato.
- If you like your guacamole extra spicy, don’t seed the chile before chopping.
- Lime wedges can be served on the side for an extra squeeze of acidity.
- Chopped cilantro would also make a lovely garnish for these taco bowls.