Classic Beef Enchilada Pie
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ Mild Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 3/4 cup frozen corn
- 5 Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas For Burritos (8 inch, from 11-oz package)
- 1 1/2 cups Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican 4 Cheese Blend (6 oz)
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves and Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Pour in 2/3 cup of the enchilada sauce; reserve remaining sauce. Stir in taco seasoning mix, chiles and frozen corn; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Place 1 tortilla in pie plate; top with 3/4 cup beef mixture and 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat layers 3 times. Top with remaining tortilla, and press down to flatten. Pour remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted. Cool 10 minutes. Top with remaining inredients.
- Want a little more heat? Try Old El Paso™ Medium Red Enchilada Sauce with your enchilada pie recipe with ground beef.
- Try topping this easy enchilada pie with more fresh toppings, like chopped tomatoes or avocados.
- Try Old El Paso™ Shredded 3 Pepper Cheese Blend to replace Mexican 4 Cheese Blend for even more of a spicy kick to the Beef Enchilada Pie.
1 Serving Calories 390 (Calories from Fat 180); Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 75mg; Sodium 1000mg; Total Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g); Protein 22g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 25%; Iron 20%;
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 2 Medium-Fat Meat, 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 2