Confetti Taco Chili for 16
Chili-cheese-flavored corn chips dot the top of this seasoned chili that can be made ahead of time and refrigerated or frozen.
40 Minutes Prep
40 Minutes Total
- 3 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onions (4 medium)
- 2 packages (1 oz each) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 4 cans (15.5 oz each) diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 2 cans (15 oz each) tomato sauce
- 1 bag (1 lb) frozen whole kernel corn, if desired
- 4 cans (15.5 oz each) southwestern black beans with cumin and chili spices, undrained
- 4 cups chili cheese-flavored corn chips (about 7 oz)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- In 8-quart Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium-high heat until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix, tomatoes, tomato sauce and corn. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until corn is tender.
- Stir in beans; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated and flavors are blended.
- Spoon 6 cups of the chili into each of four 6-cup freezer/microwavable containers. Cool 30 to 45 minutes. Cover; refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 2 months.
- Thaw 1 container of chili in refrigerator for 48 hours, or uncover and thaw in microwave on Defrost 30 to 40 minutes.
- To heat refrigerated or thawed chili, cover loosely and microwave on High 6 to 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring once or twice. Spoon into 4 individual serving bowls. Sprinkle each serving with about 1/4 cup chips and 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Don’t have the tomatoes with green chiles? Use 4 (15.5-oz) cans tomatoes and 2 (4.5-oz) cans Old El Paso® chopped green chiles instead.
- To reduce sodium in each serving by about 380 milligrams, use reduced-sodium taco seasoning and tomato sauce. You can also omit the corn chips and lower the sodium an additional 70 milligrams.
NutritionCalories505(Calories from Fat180),Total Fat20g(Saturated Fat7g,),Cholesterol65mgSodium1430mgTotal Carbohydrate57g(Dietary Fiber10g Sugars15g),Protein34g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A26%;Vitamin C20%;Calcium20%;Iron34%; Exchanges:2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 4 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.