Confetti Taco Chili for 16
Prep 40 Minutes
Total Time 40 Minutes
- 3 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 2 cups chopped onions (4 medium)
- 2 packets (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 4 cans (15.5 oz each) diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
- 2 cans (15 oz each) tomato sauce
- 1 bag (1 lb) frozen whole kernel corn, if desired
- 4 cans (15.5 oz each) southwestern black beans with cumin and chili spices, undrained
- 4 cups chili cheese-flavored corn chips (about 7 oz)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
Recipe Continues Below
- In 8-quart Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium-high heat until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix, tomatoes, tomato sauce and corn. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until corn is tender.
- Stir in beans; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; cook about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated and flavors are blended.
- Spoon 6 cups of the chili into each of four 6-cup freezer/microwavable containers. Cool 30 to 45 minutes. Cover; refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 2 months.
- Thaw 1 container of chili in refrigerator for 48 hours, or uncover and thaw in microwave on Defrost 30 to 40 minutes.
- To heat refrigerated or thawed chili, cover loosely and microwave on High 6 to 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring once or twice. Spoon into 4 individual serving bowls. Sprinkle each serving with about 1/4 cup chips and 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Don’t have any cans of tomatoes with green chiles? Use 4 (15.5-oz) cans tomatoes and 2 (4.5-oz) cans Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles for this taco chili recipe instead.
- To trim the sodium in each serving of taco chili, try using reduced-sodium tomato sauce and Old El Paso™ 25% less sodium taco seasoning. You also can omit the corn chips if desired.
- 1 1/2 Cups Calories 505 (Calories from Fat 180); Total Fat 20g (Saturated Fat 7g); Cholesterol 65mg; Sodium 1430mg; Total Carbohydrate 57g (Dietary Fiber 10g ,Sugars 15g); Protein 34g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 26%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 20%; Iron 34%
- Exchanges: 2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 4 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet