Copycat Chili's® Southwestern Egg Rolls
Prep 45 Minutes
Total 45 Minutes
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup mashed avocado
- 2 quarts vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup black beans (from 15-oz can), drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup canned whole kernel sweet corn (from 15.25-oz can), drained
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 package (11 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas for Burritos (8 Count)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 8 wooden toothpicks
Recipe Continues Below
- In medium bowl, beat ranch dressing and mashed avocado with whisk until smooth.
- In deep fryer or 3-quart heavy-bottomed pot, heat oil to 350°F. In medium bowl, mix chicken, spinach, cheese, beans, corn, bell pepper and seasoning mix.
- Place tortillas on work surface. In small bowl, mix egg and water. Spoon slightly less than 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture in line across center of each tortilla, leaving 1-inch border on edges. For each tortilla, fold sides in, overlapping to enclose filling. Roll up from bottom of tortilla. Brush inside of top edge of tortilla with egg wash, then secure each egg roll with a toothpick.
- Place egg rolls in batches in preheated oil. Fry 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly brown on bottom, then use tongs to turn egg rolls; fry 2 to 3 minutes longer or until lightly brown all over and cooked through (at least 165°F in center). Drain on paper towel-lined cookie sheet 2 to 3 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- Transfer egg rolls to cutting board. Carefully remove toothpicks, and discard. Cut in half on the bias, and transfer to serving platter. Serve with avocado ranch dip.
- Want more dipping options for your Southwest chicken egg rolls? Try Old El Paso™ Zesty Ranch Sauce or Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde Sauce.
- For a super-smooth avocado ranch dip, dice the avocado, then mash with a fork until completely smooth before combining with the ranch dressing.
- Use a deep-fat frying thermometer (or candy thermometer) to ensure oil is at the correct frying temperature. Confirm oil is 350°F before frying each batch of Copycat Chili’s® Southwestern Egg Rolls.
- 1 Egg Roll Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 200); Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 7g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 560mg; Potassium 150mg; Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 12g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 15%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 4 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet