Copycat Chipotle™ Chicken Burrito Bowls
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 medium jalapeño chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl Kit
- Oil, water and butter as called for on package
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, drained, rinsed and heated
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- In medium bowl, stir together Corn Salsa ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In 2-quart saucepan, add rice (from burrito bowl kit), and water and butter as called for on package. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, stir together chicken, oil as called for on package and seasoning mix (from burrito bowl kit) until well coated. Cook over medium-high heat 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until very little liquid remains and chicken is cooked through and begins to brown.
- Divide rice among 4 serving bowls. Top with chicken, beans, corn salsa, guacamole and queso blanco sauce (from burrito bowl kit).
- Our delicious Copycat Chipotle™ Chicken Burrito Bowls recipe needs guac on top! Homemade guacamole is easy to make. Just stir together mashed avocado, chopped red onion, jalapeño and cilantro, and season with a touch of lime juice and salt.
- Whole or chopped fresh cilantro leaves make a lovely and delicious garnish.
- When using raw red onions, rinsing chopped onions under cold water helps take the "bite" out of the otherwise strong flavor.
1 Bowl Calories 680 (Calories from Fat 240); Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 1860mg; Total Carbohydrate 73g (Dietary Fiber 8g, Sugars 7g); Protein 37g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 15%; Iron 20%;
Exchanges: 4 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 3 1/2 Lean Meat, 2 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 5