Creamy Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
Prep 15 Minutes
Total Time 30 Minutes
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 package (8.2 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas For Soft Tacos & Fajitas (6 inch)
- 2 cans (10 oz) Old El Paso™ Mild Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 3/4 cup from 1 package (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Shredded 3 Pepper Blend Cheese
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center. Stir in cream cheese and green chiles; reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir until blended and cream cheese is melted.
- Spoon chicken filling onto tortillas; roll up, and place seam sides down in baking dish. Pour enchilada sauce over top; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Chopped tomatoes and fresh cilantro leaves make a great fresh topper addition to these creamy chicken enchiladas.
- For best results, pat chicken slices dry before adding to a hot skillet.
- Try topping the Creamy Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas with fresh pico de gallo salsa.
- 2 Enchiladas Calories 540 (Calories from Fat 280); Total Fat 31g (Saturated Fat 16g ,Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 115mg; Sodium 1160mg; Potassium 240mg; Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 5g); Protein 30g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 20%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch; 2 Very Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat; 4 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet