Crispy Fish Taco Bowls with Pineapple Slaw
Prep 45 Minutes
Total Time 55 Minutes
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb skinless firm whitefish fillets, such as cod or halibut, cut crosswise into 4x1-inch strips
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup Corona® Pineapple Hard Seltzer
- Vegetable oil
- 1 package (8 count) Old El Paso™ soft tortilla bowls, heated as directed on package
- Lime wedges
Recipe Continues Below
- In medium bowl, mix Slaw ingredients. Toss until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Pat fish dry with paper towels. In large bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, taco seasoning mix and baking powder with whisk. Add seltzer, and mix with whisk until smooth. Add fish; toss until evenly coated.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat 1/2 inch oil to 350°F. Working with 4 to 5 pieces at a time, remove fish from batter, allowing excess to drip off, and add to hot oil. Fry fish (do not let the pieces touch) until golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining fish.
- Divide fish among tortilla bowls, and top with slaw. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
- Additional sliced green onions, scattered over the top, makes a lovely garnish for these tacos.
- 1 Taco Bowl Calories 320 (Calories from Fat 140); Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 450mg; Potassium 190mg; Total Carbohydrate 31g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 3g); Protein 13g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 8%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet