Crunchy Ramen Tacos
Prep 30 Minutes
Total Time 1 Hours
Chicken and Marinade
- 2 medium green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
Tortillas and Toppings
- 1/2 package (3-oz size) ramen noodle soup mix (any flavor)
- 8 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas (6 inch), heated as directed on package
- Oil, for toasting
- 2 medium jalapeño chiles, seeded, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Recipe Continues Below
- In a 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix Chicken and Marinade ingredients. Seal bag. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Drain chicken; discard marinade. Cook chicken in skillet 6 to 8 minutes or until browned on both sides and no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix Sriracha Mayonnaise ingredients. In another small bowl, break apart ramen noodles. (Reserve seasoning packet for a later use.)
- To toast the tortillas, heat 1 tablespoon oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tortilla. Cook until starting to puff up, then turn over. Once second side is puffed up, remove from skillet; drain on paper towels.
- Spoon chicken on each tortilla. Top with Sriracha mayonnaise, jalapeño strips, basil leaves and crushed ramen. Serve with lime wedges.
- If sambal oelek chili garlic sauce cannot be found, substitute 1 additional teaspoon Sriracha sauce in marinade.
- This recipe pairs well with a Thai Basil MOJITarita. To make 1 drink: Add 2 teaspoons light agave nectar, 1/2 oz fresh lime juice and 4 fresh, torn Thai basil leaves to a highball glass. Gently break up basil with muddler or spoon. Add 1 oz blanco tequila; fill glass with ice, and top with 2 oz chilled club soda. Stir gently, and garnish with lime wedge and additional basil leaves.
- I'll bet you never thought you'd see this: Vietnamese meets Mexican -- in a taco! But, fusion foodies, that's exactly what you get in this super simple recipe that gives a nod to not one, but two, of our favorites--tacos and ramen. These fresh and flavorful chicken tacos are inspired by a popular Vietnamese soup, called pho. The "faux pho" toppings –- Thai basil, fresh chiles and crunchy ramen noodles –- give this recipe an extra special kick that'll remind you of some of your food truck faves. So, make 'em already and call the gang over. It's time to party!
- 1 Serving Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g ,Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 450mg; Potassium 140mg; Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 1g); Protein 14g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 4%; Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet