Cuban Taco Bowls
Prep 20 Minutes
Total Time 40 Minutes
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced cooked roast pork
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced cooked ham
- 24 slices dill pickle chips
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese (2 oz)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line cookie sheet with foil.
- For each bowl, spread 1/4 teaspoon mustard evenly inside bowl. Layer pork, ham, 3 pickles chips and 1 tablespoon cheese in each bowl; fold layers to fit inside bowls, if necessary. Press bowls to flatten in half firmly with palm of hand; secure with toothpick. Place flattened bowls on cookie sheet. Generously brush melted butter on top and bottom of each bowl.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, brushing with additional butter halfway through, until light brown and cheese is melted inside. Remove toothpicks, and serve immediately.
- Roast pork can be found in the deli section and is often called “Cuban-style.”
- Mustard and dill pickles are traditional in Cuban pork sandwiches--substitute mayonnaise, and skip the pickles if that’s more to your liking.
- 1 Serving Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 160); Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 9g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 65mg; Sodium 1020mg; Potassium 280mg; Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 0g); Protein 18g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 10%; Iron 8%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet