Prep 45 Minutes
Total 45 Minutes
- 3- to 3 1/2-lb boneless pork shoulder roast, trimmed
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 8 cups tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese (8 oz)
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
Recipe Continues Below
- Spray 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, sear pork 4 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix 1/4 cup mustard and the taco seasoning mix.
- Transfer pork to slow cooker; spread mustard mixture over pork. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours or until pork is very tender.
- Transfer pork to cutting board; let stand 10 to 15 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Shred pork, discarding any fat and cartilage. Toss with liquid in slow cooker.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 400°F. Line 18x13-inch rimmed pan with foil; spray with cooking spray. Spread chips evenly in pan. Sprinkle 1 cup of the Swiss cheese over chips. Using slotted spoon, top cheese with 2 cups of the pork mixture. Reserve remaining pork for another use. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup Swiss cheese over pork. Top with ham. Sprinkle Monterey Jack cheese over ham.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with pickles; drizzle with 2 tablespoons mustard.
- Leftover pork from this Cuban nachos recipe is great on sandwiches or in tacos.
- Like it hot? Opt for spicy dill pickles.
- Make your Cubano Nachos “Tampa-style” by substituting chopped salami for half of the ham.
1 Serving: Calories 460 (Calories from Fat 240); Total Fat 27g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 710mg; Potassium 330mg; Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 2g); Protein 29g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 35%; Iron 10% Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch, 2 Lean Meat, 1 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 1 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2