Dynamite Taco Bowls
Prep 35 Minutes
Total Time 35 Minutes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons canned Muir Glen™ organic tomato paste
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Reduce heat to medium; add bell pepper; continue to cook 3 minutes. Add brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to simmering; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat bowls as directed on package. Spoon beef filling evenly into warmed bowls. Garnish with sliced green onions.
- A sprinkling of shredded Cheddar cheese makes a nice garnish in addition to the green onions.
- If you like it hot, or in this case, hotter, just add another 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.
- 1 Serving Calories 220 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 590mg; Potassium 190mg; Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 1g ,Sugars 8g); Protein 12g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Lean Meat; 1 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet