Dynamite Taco Bowls Recipe
35 Minutes Total
- 8 Servings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ organic fire roasted crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons canned Muir Glen™ organic tomato paste
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Soft Tortilla Bowls
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Reduce heat to medium; add bell pepper; continue to cook 3 minutes. Add brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to simmering; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat bowls as directed on package. Spoon beef filling evenly into warmed bowls. Garnish with sliced green onions.
- A sprinkling of shredded Cheddar cheese makes a nice garnish in addition to the green onions.
- If you like it hot, or in this case, hotter, just add another 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes.
Calories220(Calories from Fat80),Total Fat9g(Saturated Fat3 1/2g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol35mgSodium590mgTotal Carbohydrate23g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars8g),Protein12g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A15%;Vitamin C10%;Calcium4%;Iron10%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 1 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1 1/2 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.