Easy Beef Brisket Enchiladas
45 Minutes Total
- 5 Servings
- 10 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded fully cooked beef brisket (about 10 oz)
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Old El Paso™ Mild Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 package (8 oz) Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Spicy Queso Blanco Sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Lightly brush both sides of corn tortillas with oil. Place tortillas in 3 stacks on ungreased large cookie sheet. Bake 3 to 5 minutes or until tortillas are warmed and pliable. Remove from oven. Keep covered with clean kitchen towel to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place shredded beef in medium bowl. Add 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Stir to combine.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce evenly in baking dish.
- Working quickly with one tortilla at a time, place on work surface, and spread generous 1/4 cup beef mixture down center of each warm tortilla. Gently wrap tortilla around filling, placing seam side down in baking dish. Top with remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes. Drizzle spicy queso blanco sauce over top. Sprinkle cilantro over tops of enchiladas.
- Looking for more fun topping ideas? Try diced tomatoes, sliced green onions or diced avocado.
- If you like your beef brisket enchiladas with a little more heat, try using Old El Paso™ Medium Red Enchilada Sauce.
- If you’re having trouble finding fully cooked brisket at the grocery store, look for refrigerated, fully cooked beef roast.
- Brushing the tortillas with oil and warming them in the oven before filling will help to keep them from falling apart as they are rolled up and baked.
2 enchiladas Calories 510 (Calories from Fat 250); Total Fat 27g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0.5g); Cholesterol 100mg; Sodium 1120mg; Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g); Protein 29g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 35%; Iron 15%;
Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 2 Medium-Fat Meat, 1 High-Fat Meat, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 2