Easy Beef Burrito Bowls
35 Minutes Total
- 4 Servings
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Seasoned Beef Burrito Bowl Kit
- Water and butter as called for on package
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, drained, rinsed and heated
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend
- 1/2 cup lightly crushed tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup Old El Paso™ Mild Taco Sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (4 medium)
- In 2-quart saucepan, add rice (from burrito bowl kit), and water and butter as called for on package. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 6 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in 2/3 cup water and seasoning mix (from burrito bowl kit); heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 2 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Divide rice among 4 serving bowls. Top with beef, beans, cherry tomatoes, cheese, tortilla chips, queso blanco sauce (from burrito bowl kit), taco sauce and green onions.
- We call for Old El Paso™ Mild Taco Sauce in this recipe, but if you’d prefer a bit more heat in your beef burrito bowl recipe, feel free to substitute Old El Paso™ Medium Taco Sauce.
- Chopped avocado, or a dollop of guacamole would make a delicious additional topping to this burrito bowl.
1 Bowl Calories 680 (Calories from Fat 250); Total Fat 28g (Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0.5g); Cholesterol 95mg; Sodium 1430mg; Total Carbohydrate 73g (Dietary Fiber 7g, Sugars 6g); Protein 35g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 30%; Iron 25%;
Exchanges: 4 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Vegetable, 2 1/2 Medium-Fat Meat, 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 5