Easy Beef Burrito Skillet
40 Minutes Total
- 6 Servings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 oz) package Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 (6 inch) Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas, sliced into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
Recipe Continues Below
- In a large skillet, brown beef until no longer pink. Drain. Add taco seasoning, water, salsa, and beans. Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in the tortilla strips and then top with cheese. Remove skillet from heat and let cheese melt.
- Top with sour cream in the center and sprinkle with green onions. Serve immediately.
- Use a mild salsa if you're making it for kids.
- You can stack your tortillas and use a pizza cutter to slice them all in one easy step.