Classic Beef Enchiladas
50 Minutes Total
- 5 Servings
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Old El Paso™ Mild Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 1 package (8.2 oz) Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas for Soft Tacos & Fajitas (6 inch)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce and the chiles.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce evenly in baking dish. Spread 1/4 cup beef mixture down center of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese. Wrap tortillas tightly around filling, placing seam side down in baking dish. Top with remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Try topping your Classic Beef Enchiladas with diced tomatoes, fresh cilantro leaves, green onions and diced avocado.
- Swap Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend for the cheddar cheese for a different flavor twist.
- Want a little more heat? Try Old El Paso™ Medium Red Enchilada Sauce with your enchiladas.
- If you're looking for more classic beef enchilada recipes, look no further than this simply perfect Classic Beef Enchilada Pie.
2 Enchiladas Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 230); Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 90mg; Sodium 1210mg; Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 3g); Protein 26g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 30%; Iron 15%;
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 2 Medium-Fat Meat, 1 High-Fat Meat, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 2