Easy Beef Enchiladas
Try these easy, cheesy ground beef enchiladas, complete with sassy sauce and mild chiles.
20 Minutes Prep
50 Minutes Total
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Old El Paso™ enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 package (8.2 oz) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas (6 inch)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish or pan with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce and the chiles.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce evenly in baking dish. Spread 1/4 cup beef mixture down center of each tortilla; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese. Wrap tortillas tightly around filling, placing seam side down in baking dish. Top with remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving; add Make it FRESH toppings.
- Ideas for make it FRESH toppings: diced tomatoes, fresh cilantro leaves, green onions, diced avocado.
- Try green enchilada sauce for a new twist!
NutritionCalories470(Calories from Fat230),Total Fat25g(Saturated Fat12g,Trans Fat2g),Cholesterol90mgSodium1410mgTotal Carbohydrate33g(Dietary Fiber0g Sugars0g),Protein27g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A10%;Vitamin C6%;Calcium25%;Iron15%; Exchanges:2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 2 Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.