Easy Beef Nachos
Prep 25 Minutes
Total Time 35 Minutes
- 1 lb ground beef (at least 80% lean)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 packet (1 oz) Old El Paso™ Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 6 cups tortilla chips
- 2 cups Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend (8 oz)
- 1/2 cup from 1 bottle (9 oz) Old El Paso™ Creamy Queso Sauce
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Recipe Continues Below
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in water, taco seasoning mix and green chiles; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- Spread half of the chips evenly in lined pan. Top chips with half of the beef mixture; sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese over beef. Repeat layers. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Drizzle with queso sauce. Sprinkle avocado, tomatoes, green onions and cilantro on top.
- To dice avocado, cut in half, and remove pit. Using a large spoon, scoop ??esh from skin. Place one half avocado cut side down on cutting board. Make two horizontal cuts to make three planks, then cut lengthwise into strips. Turn 90 degrees and cut again. Repeat with other half of avocado.
- Serve these Easy Beef Nachos with a dollop of Old El Paso™ Crema Mexicana.
- We love homemade nachos with ground beef, but if you're in the mood for chicken, try this recipe for Queso Chicken Nachos. Loaded with taco-seasoned chicken and cheese, throw this favorite into the oven before party time.
- Short on time but still craving some simple beef nachos? Microwave Cheesy Chicken Nachos are packed with flavorful chicken and green chiles. Customize it to your family's tastes, and microwave it on High for 3 to 5 minutes.
- 1 Serving Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 210); Total Fat 23g (Saturated Fat 8g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 65mg; Sodium 690mg; Potassium 290mg; Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 3g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 18g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 25%; Iron 15%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 1 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet