Queso Chicken Nachos
Oven-baked nachos are loaded with taco-seasoned chicken and cheese, topped with a double drizzle of Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde sauce and Old El Paso™ Creamy Queso sauce, and finished with fresh tomatoes, green onions and cilantro.
15 Minutes Prep
25 Minutes Total
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ Chicken Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles
- 8 cups tortilla chips
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend (8 oz)
- 3 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Creamy Queso sauce
- 3 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde sauce
- 1/2 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil, and spray with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken, taco seasoning mix, water and green chiles; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is heated through. Remove from heat.
- Spread half of chips evenly in pan. Top chips with half of the chicken mixture; sprinkle 1 cup of the cheese over chicken. Repeat layers.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Drizzle with sauces, and top with tomatoes, green onions and cilantro; serve immediately.
- Lining your pan with foil makes an easy cleanup!
- Top with sliced jalapeño chiles if you prefer a bit of spicy heat with your nachos!
- Fresh pico de gallo is a great alternative topper for your nachos!
1 Serving Calories 480 (Calories from Fat 240); Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 80mg; Sodium 1030mg; Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 3g); Protein 24g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 30%; Iron 15%;
Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 2 Very Lean Meat, 1 High-Fat Meat, 3 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 2