Easy Beef Taco Salads
Prep 25 Minutes
Total Time 25 Minutes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 bag (10 oz) romaine and leaf lettuce blend
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Tortilla chips, if desired
Recipe Continues Below
- In small bowl, mix sour cream, salsa and 2 teaspoons of the taco seasoning mix; refrigerate while making salad.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in remaining taco seasoning mix and water called for on seasoning mix package. Cook as directed on seasoning mix package.
- Divide lettuce among 6 dinner plates. Top each with beef, beans, cheese and tomato. Drizzle with dressing. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Toss all the ingredients in this ground beef taco salad recipe together in a big bowl, then toss with the dressing—this way, you'll get dressing with every bite.
- 1 Serving Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 170); Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 9g ,Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 75mg; Sodium 700mg; Potassium 630mg; Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 9g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 25g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 100%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 20%; Iron 20%
- Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1 Vegetable; 2 Lean Meat; 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet