Easy Beef Taco Salads
This salad is a classic; beautiful and easy to bring to the table, it makes a great lunch or dinner any time of year. By Betty Crocker Kitchens
25 Minutes Prep
25 Minutes Total
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 bag (10 oz) romaine and leaf lettuce blend
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Tortilla chips, if desired
- In small bowl, mix sour cream, salsa and 2 teaspoons of the taco seasoning mix; refrigerate while making salad.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in remaining taco seasoning mix and water called for on seasoning mix package. Cook as directed on seasoning mix package.
- Divide lettuce among 6 dinner plates. Top each with beef, beans, cheese and tomato. Drizzle with dressing. Serve with tortilla chips.
- If you love dressing on every bite, toss all the salad ingredients together in a big bowl--then toss with the dressing.
NutritionCalories380(Calories from Fat170),Total Fat19g(Saturated Fat9g,Trans Fat1g),Cholesterol75mgSodium700mgTotal Carbohydrate26g(Dietary Fiber9g Sugars2g),Protein25g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A100%;Vitamin C4%;Calcium20%;Iron20%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 1/2 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.