Easy Breakfast Burritos
35 Minutes Total
- 6 Servings
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles (from 4.5-oz can)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 6 fully cooked breakfast sausage links, cut into small pieces
- 1 bag (1 lb 4 oz) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes
- 6 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (from 11-oz package)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (8 oz)
- In large bowl, beat 6 eggs, 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles and 1 to 2 tablespoons milk until well blended. In 10-inch skillet over medium heat, cook eggs, stirring occasionally, until scrambled. Stir in 6 fully cooked breakfast sausage links, cut into small pieces; heat until warm. Set aside.
- Cook 1 bag (1 lb. 4 oz.) refrigerated shredded hash brown potatoes as directed on bag; set aside.
- To assemble burritos, spoon line of hash browns down center of each of 6 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos. Top with 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend and the scrambled eggs.
- Roll up each tortilla tightly to secure filling. Serve immediately, or freeze as directed below.
- To freeze, wrap each burrito in paper towel; wrap in foil. Freeze. To reheat, remove and discard foil. Microwave each frozen paper towel-wrapped burrito on High 2 minutes 30 seconds, turning burrito over halfway through heating.
- Change breakfast sausage out for cooked chorizo pork sausage for a delightful Southwest kick!
- Wrapping the breakfast burrito in a paper towel before the foil helps to absorb the moisture from the burrito and prevent a soggy tortilla. It’s also perfect for microwaving on the go or at work when plates are not necessarily available.