- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 package Old El Paso™ Taco Bowls™ soft flour tortillas (8 bowls)
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ refried beans (from 16-oz can), heated
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Lime wedges
Step 1 In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add pork and onion; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until pork is no longer pink.
Step 2 Stir in taco seasoning mix, garlic, cumin, cinnamon and oregano; stir in orange juice. Cook over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in lime juice.
Step 3 Meanwhile, heat bowls as directed on package. Spread refried beans in bottoms of bowls. Divide pork mixture among bowls. Top with tomato, queso fresco cheese and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition1 Serving: Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 140); Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 600mg; Potassium 330mg; Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 2g); Protein 15g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 10%; Iron 10% Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch, 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat, 3 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
Like it hot? Top with sliced jalapeño chiles or a few drops of hot sauce.
Bottled orange juice is fine to use in this recipe but with lime juice, freshness really makes a difference. So if at all possible, opt for fresh-squeezed lime juice.