Easy Cheese Quesadillas
Prep 15 Minutes
Total 15 Minutes
- 4 Old El Paso™ Flour Tortillas For Burritos (8 inch; from 11-oz package)
- 2 cups from 1 package (7 oz) Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend
- 1/4 cup Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde Sauce
Recipe Continues Below
- On one half of each tortilla, spread 1/2 cup cheese; fold tortilla over filling.
- Heat 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Place 2 quesadillas in skillet at a time. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until tortilla is golden brown and crisp and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining quesadillas.
- To serve, cut into wedges. Drizzle quesadillas with sauce.
- Serve Old El Paso™ Creamy Salsa Verde Sauce alongside these quick quesadillas for dipping rather than drizzling on top, or try it with Old El Paso™ Zesty Ranch Sauce.
- Try topping these quick cheese quesadillas with guacamole or pico de gallo salsa. Chopped cilantro is a great fresh garnish.
- After cooking each quick quesadilla, cover it to keep it warm while you cook the remaining quesadillas. When cooking the second batch of quesadillas, watch the tortillas carefully, since the skillet will already be hot and may cook in less time.
- For the ultimate in melting cheeses, try Old El Paso™ Shredded Quesadilla Cheese to replace Old El Paso™ Shredded Mexican Style 4 Cheese Blend for even more gooey cheesiness for the quesadillas. Divide Old El Paso™ Shredded Quesadilla Cheese among the 4 tortillas; continue with the recipe.
- 1 Quesadilla Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 210); Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 12g ,Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 60mg; Sodium 680mg; Potassium 40mg; Total Carbohydrate 26g (Dietary Fiber 0g ,Sugars 2g); Protein 15g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 40%; Iron 10%
- Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 2 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet