Easy Cheesy Beef and Bow Ties
In a hurry? Try a 20-minute skillet meal with sassy salsa and tender pasta.
20 Minutes Prep
20 Minutes Total
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked bow-tie (farfalle) pasta (6 oz)
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (8 medium)
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar-American cheese blend (6 oz)
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked. Drain.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons onions for garnish; stir remaining onions, the soup and salsa into beef. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cheese; cook just until melted. Sprinkle with reserved 2 tablespoons onions.
- To make ahead, cook the pasta and toss with 1 teaspoon oil in a resealable food-storage plastic bag. Refrigerate until it's time to add it to the skillet.
NutritionCalories630(Calories from Fat310),Total Fat35g(Saturated Fat17g,Trans Fat2g),Cholesterol165mgSodium1650mgTotal Carbohydrate41g(Dietary Fiber2g Sugars4g),Protein39g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A45%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium30%;Iron25%; Exchanges:2 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.