Easy Cheesy Beef and Bow Ties
Prep 20 Minutes
Total 20 Minutes
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked bow-tie (farfalle) pasta (6 oz)
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (8 medium)
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar-American cheese blend (6 oz)
Recipe Continues Below
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until thoroughly cooked. Drain.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons onions for garnish; stir remaining onions, the soup and salsa into beef. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with cheese; cook just until melted. Sprinkle with reserved 2 tablespoons onions.
- For an even quicker ground beef and bow tie pasta the day of, cook pasta ahead of time and toss with 1 teaspoon oil in a resealable food-storage plastic bag. Refrigerate until it's time to add it to the skillet.
- Round out the meal with a light salad. Toss mixed greens with olive oil, fresh lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Make it your own! Serve with your favorite toppings, like diced avocado, cilantro or hot sauce.
- 1 1/3 Cups Calories 630 (Calories from Fat 310); Total Fat 35g (Saturated Fat 17g ,Trans Fat 2g); Cholesterol 165mg; Sodium 1650mg; Potassium 330mg; Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 2g ,Sugars 4g); Protein 39g
- % Daily Value: Vitamin A 45%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 30%; Iron 25%
- Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch; 2 Fat
- Carbohydrate Choice: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet