Easy Chicken Enchiladas
This chicken-stuffed dish requires a small amount of prep time for such fabulous family-favorite results! By Betty Crocker Kitchens
30 Minutes Prep
1 Hour 20 Minutes Total
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 1/2 lb), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers (from a jar)
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, drained
- 3 cups finely shredded Mexican cheese blend (12 oz)
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Old El Paso™ red enchilada sauce
- 12 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) and 8-inch square (2-quart) baking dishes with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and onion; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Stir in cumin, garlic salt and oregano. Cook 1 minute longer; drain if necessary. Pour chicken mixture into large bowl.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons sour cream in small bowl; refrigerate. Into bowl of chicken mixture, stir remaining sour cream, roasted peppers, chiles and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese.
- Spread heaping 3/4 cup chicken mixture on center of each tortilla. Roll up tortillas; arrange 8 seam-side down in 13x9-inch baking dish and 4 seam-side down in 8-inch baking dish.
- Top each baking dish evenly with enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese. Spray 2 sheets of foil with cooking spray; cover each baking dish with foil, sprayed side down.
- Bake about 50 minutes or until enchiladas are hot. Use reserved 2 tablespoons sour cream to drizzle over enchiladas.
- If enchiladas are done before guests are ready, cover baking dishes with foil and hold in 200°F oven for up to 30 minutes.
- Have additional sour cream, chopped cilantro or sliced ripe olives available so guests can top their enchiladas to their liking.
NutritionCalories390(Calories from Fat190),Total Fat21g(Saturated Fat10g,Trans Fat1g),Cholesterol105mgSodium880mgTotal Carbohydrate19g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars4g),Protein30g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A25%;Vitamin C20%;Calcium30%;Iron10%; Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 4 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.