Easy Chicken and Rice Burritos
These Old El Paso™ Easy Chicken and Rice Burritos are a no-fuss way to bring Tex-Mex to your menu. Simply steam the rice, stir, stuff your chicken burritos and bake before calling everyone to the table. Easy to make and filled with flavor!
20 Minutes Prep
50 Minutes Total
- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant white rice
- 3/4 cup shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 package (11-oz size) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (four 8-inch tortillas)
- Shredded lettuce, if desired
- Chopped tomatoes, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. In 1-quart saucepan, heat salsa and water to boiling. Stir in rice. Cover; remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir chicken, cheese and garlic powder into rice mixture. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken-rice mixture onto center of each tortilla. Fold bottom 1/3 of tortilla over filling; fold in sides toward center, leaving top open. Place seam side down in ungreased 9x9-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish.
- Cover tightly with foil; bake 20 to 30 minutes or until hot. Garnish with lettuce and tomatoes.
- Serve with sour cream and additional salsa, if desired.
- Mix things up by trying a different shredded cheese variety, such as Monterey Jack or a Mexican blend.
NutritionCalories590(Calories from Fat190),Total Fat22g(Saturated Fat9g,Trans Fat2 1/2g),Cholesterol75mgSodium1750mgTotal Carbohydrate69g(Dietary Fiber0g Sugars4g),Protein29g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A20%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium30%;Iron25%; Exchanges:4 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:4 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.