- 1 cup Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant white rice
- 3/4 cup shredded deli rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 package (11-oz size) Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (four 8-inch tortillas)
- Shredded lettuce, if desired
- Chopped tomatoes, if desired
Step 1 Heat oven to 375°F. In 1-quart saucepan, heat salsa and water to boiling. Stir in rice. Cover; remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
Step 2 Stir chicken, cheese and garlic powder into rice mixture. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken-rice mixture onto center of each tortilla. Fold bottom 1/3 of tortilla over filling; fold in sides toward center, leaving top open. Place seam side down in ungreased 9x9-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish.
Step 3 Cover tightly with foil; bake 20 to 30 minutes or until hot. Garnish with lettuce and tomatoes.
NutritionCalories590(Calories from Fat190),Total Fat22g(Saturated Fat9g,Trans Fat2 1/2g),Cholesterol75mgSodium1750mgTotal Carbohydrate69g(Dietary Fiber0g Sugars4g),Protein29g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A20%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium30%;Iron25%; Exchanges:4 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:4 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Expert TipsServe with sour cream and additional salsa, if desired.
Mix things up by trying a different shredded cheese variety, such as Monterey Jack or a Mexican blend.