Easy Chicken Stand ‘N Stuff™ Tacos
25 Minutes Total
- 10 Servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 10 Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ taco shells
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced avocado
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
Recipe Continues Below
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 7 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- While chicken is cooking, heat shells as directed on package, and assemble Toppings. Divide chicken mixture among shells; add toppings.
- Ideas for Make it FRESH toppings: sliced olives, fresh cilantro, sour cream, fresh lime wedges.
- Want to spend less time chopping? Use pico de gallo in place of the diced tomato.
Calories200(Calories from Fat100),Total Fat11g(Saturated Fat4g,Trans Fat0g),Cholesterol40mgSodium330mgTotal Carbohydrate11g(Dietary Fiber1g Sugars0g),Protein14g;% Daily Value*:Vitamin A8%;Vitamin C0%;Calcium10%;Iron4%; Exchanges:0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 1 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices:1 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.