Easy Chicken Stand ‘N Stuff™ Tacos
These easy, cheesy chicken tacos change your weeknight dinner dash from mad and rushed to maxed and relaxed.
25 Minutes Prep
25 Minutes Total
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 10 Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ taco shells
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced avocado
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 7 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in center. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened.
- While chicken is cooking, heat shells as directed on package, and assemble Toppings. Divide chicken mixture among shells; add toppings.
- Ideas for Make it FRESH toppings: sliced olives, fresh cilantro, sour cream, fresh lime wedges.
- Want to spend less time chopping? Use pico de gallo in place of the diced tomato.